Wrap up computer security unit, discuss:
- How Zombie Networks Fuel Cybercrime (2004)
- Digital Fears Emerge After Data Siege in Estonia (2007)
- The Enemy Within (2010) - a long but worthwhile article with one really bad word, please ignore it. There's also a worksheet that goes along with it.
- If North Korea Did Hack Sony, It's a Whole New Kind of Cyberterrorism (2014)
- Cyberspace Becomes Second Front in Russia’s Clash With NATO (2015)
- Someone Is Learning How to Take Down the Internet (2016)
- finish Cyberwar Threat from NOVA (2015) (53:10)
- Ukraine blames cyberattack for Christmas power outage (2016) (5:48)
Introduce Medical Informatics unit and projects
- CBS News video (in class): Charting a New Course (Sept 2009)
All groups working on informatics project. Each group must create a google docs presentation and share it with Mr. J. by the end of the period
Some sources to start with are at:
Group 3 current events:
per 1: Grace, Ayaan, Hania, Nick, Matt
per 2: Katya, Anusha, Hannah, Erin, Candace
Go over review sheet, answer questions in preparation for test
In time remaining, continue to work on Medical Informatics project.
Test on binary/hex numbers, analog/digital information, internet technology, and computer security.