(delayed opening, short classes)
Computer pioneer presentations - 60 to 120 seconds, no notes.
Web sites can be turned in at lunchtime today, with a 3 point penalty.
Begin discussion of Google, cloud computing, dynamic web pages.
- Being a Google Autocompleter (2:37)
- How Google Search works (3:15)
- How Search Ads Work (2:38)
- How Google Apps Work (1:51)
- Google Data Center (4:52)
Group 1 current events can be handed in:
p1: Emily A., Tait, Mary, Charlie, Kunal, Nick H., Sarah, Katie, Nicole
p2: Robert, Aaron, Deanna, Jason, Cat, Alex, Kyra, Alice
Continue with discussion of cookies and dynamic web pages.
Brief discussion of computer algorithms:
Algorithm: "a process or set of rules to be followed in calculations or other problem-solving operations, especially by a computer." "In mathematics and computer science, an algorithm is a self-contained step-by-step set of operations to be performed." In other words, an algorithm is a recipe.
- Video: The Smartest Elevators
- Demonstrate Conway's Game of Life
- Demonstrate selection sort vrs merge sort
no school, snow days